The April 2010 issue of Healthcare Design magazine features a great interview with Kathy Hathorn of American Art Resources (Emerging Trends in Healthcare Art). A few of the key ideas in the piece:
- Beware that art consultants who have recently migrated to healthcare from corporate and hospitality work may lack the needed expertise.
- Nature photography is not the answer for all situations.
- Abstract art is not always wrong. In public areas abstract art can help the facility be seen as innovative and cutting-edge
- Children respond better to nature scenes than to cartoons or art made by other children.
- Digital Art displays are talked about a lot but so far are rarely used.