CNN published an article this morning about Hospital designs that are changing the way you’re cared for By Elizabeth Stamp. The 5 Key takeaways for me are:
- In designing & building healthcare facilities, “How do you attract and retain your community and your patients? How do you attract and retain doctors and nurses?” – Pat Bosch, Perkins + Will Architects
- Because of intense competition, evidence based design is winning out over the old school mentality of ‘I’ve done this before [and] I want to do it again the same way.’
- Architects are thinking more about the relationship between patient/staff psychology and design
- Creating a calming environment is a top priority in hospitals and treatment centers, given that reduced stress has been shown to shorten patient stays.
- Designers and architects at the leading edge of this transformation continue to use views of nature as an integral component of building this reduced stress environment
What do you think?